I can’t believe there is only just over a week left until I fly out to Bulgaria. I’m really looking forward to it and watching the promo video makes me even more excited: https://youtu.be/R-GrPthLPiA. We had our final England squad training session today which went really well. Still need to get myself a proper white shirt for the flight out there (as the team travels in suits) but apart from that everything is pretty much sorted.
Day to day training has been going really well and under the guidance of my great wholistic therapist Sylvia Sobota, have made a few little tweaks to my nutrition and training programme last week, but overall it’s been another good solid week of training and eating!
Last week’s nutrition consisted of:
- Breakfast – Smoothie with a banana, dates, nut butter and Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury superfoods as well as oatmeal with pumpkin seeds, goji berries and cacao powder.
- Mid-morning snack – fruit (apples, mango, berries or nectarines)
- Lunch – brown rice, lentils and veg (peas, beans, peppers, carrots, broccoli) along with my vitamins and minerals from Veganicity.
- Mid afternoon snack – fruit smoothie with Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury superfoods
- Pre-training – juice (celery, cucumber, beetroot, fennel, apple)
- Post – training – chia seed pudding and slice of banana bread
Last week’s training consisted of:
- AM – skipping, footwork drills, shadow sparring and kettlebells
- PM – GRIT class and TKD
- Always good to start the week as you mean to go on and here is the proof of my effort from the recording of my Microsoft band – with my morning session at the top and the evening GRIT session on the bottom:
- Lunch: Yoga class
- PM: footwork/shadow sparring
- AM: GRIT class
- PM: Footwork & padwork PT session at Nuffield Health and TKD
- AM: TKD patterns
- PM: TKD PT & TKD fitness and sparring session
- Lunch: Explosive weights PT session
- Sat – rest day
- ITF England squad session
So it’s still been a tough training week, which with the championships getting closer meant ensuring my recovery from each session was as important as ever. So I made sure I had a nuun tab in my water each session to ensure I remained fully hydrated, as I pretty much leave a puddle of sweat all over the mats every session!
Also using my BetterYou magnesium sprays daily and having several Epsom salt baths with magnesium flakes to keep my muscles happy.
As well as some CherryActive after the tough Thursday fitness and sparring session at Thames Valley TKD.
As I’m not cutting weight this time, I’ll be training pretty much as normal next week and then calming down from Wednesday to give my body almost a week’s rest and recovery before the competition starts the following week.
In prep for flying out I’ve been keeping the porters at work very busy with lots of deliveries (mainly food) arriving at my desk each day, as like at the Euros I’ll be taking a good supply of food with me to the Worlds! I also got a really exciting parcel of sponsorship kit from Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury, so thank you again!