Banana bread – good enough to go bananas over!
- 5 over-ripe bananas
- 3 cups of any mix of nuts (cashew, almond, walnuts)
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 3 large tablespoons of honey/maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoons of goji berries
- 2 lemons
- Blitz all the nuts in a food processor. Can be done in a Nutribullet, (but just do 1 cupful of nuts at a time otherwise the Nutribullet will be overloaded!)
- Put the nuts into a big bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients (buckwheat flour, cinnamon, chia seeds, cacao nibs, goji berries and chia seeds) and mix them all together.
- Grate the two lemons and add the grated peel in with the dry ingredients. But keep the lemons as you need the juice too!
- Then in the food processor/Nutribullet whiz up the bananas, honey/maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Add this liquid to the dry ingredients and mix them all together well.
- Putthe mix into a tin lined with greaseproof paper and cooked it in the oven for an hour and a half at 145 degrees centigrade or until the knife comes out clean.