I had an amazing day with the Women’s Sport Trust this week. Myself and the rest of the team from work arrived at the Ballet Rambert in London on Thursday morning and spent the day helping to set up for the awards.
When the tables were set, drinks set up and final checks made it was time to change into my smart dress, ready for the star studded evening.
First there were welcoming drinks and then into the main dance studio for the awards. All the finalists were deserving winners. I might have had my favourites, several of which won. But the final decision went to the public and with a 250% in votes from last year with over 70,000 votes cast for 65 nominations they certainty made their voice heard. The winners were….
- Sporting Role Model – Andy Murray
- Sporting Role Model – England Football Team (Lionesses)
- Ambassador of Women’s Sport – Heather Bamforth
- Sponsor partnership – Ricoh UK, Women’s Sport
- NGB of the Year – British Rowing
- Inspiring initiative (regional) – Women’s Climbing Symposium
- Inspiring initiative (national) – parkrun UK
- Media Initiative of the Year – BBC Women’s Sport Week
- Journalist of the Year – Sarah Shephard
- Imagery of the Year – Adidas #heretocreate campaign
Thank you again to the Women’s Sport Trust for letting me get involved, putting on a fantastic evening and overall raising the profile of women’s sport.