I love a good hot cup of tea and think I’ve now got a delicious hot drink which provides me with a perfect energy boost for my busy sporting lifestyle.
I recently got the fantastic cordyceps CS-4 powder (dry medicinal mushrooms) from Indigo Herbs. Research suggests it improves the bio-energy status of the body, as it enhances the cell’s ability to utilise oxygen. Which may account for the overall physical enhancement, added endurance and anti fatigue effects seen in people using cordyceps as a supplement. The female Chinese athletes most famously showed these effects in 1993. When with no special training methods except having a special drink which contained the secret weapon of cordyceps, they decimated multiple world records and continued their success at the 1996 Olympic Games.
The inspiration for how to add this super powder into my nutritional plan came from Tanya’s Café, where I have heard about her delicious mushroom latte’s. Which resulted in the following warming mug of energy being created!
- 2 tsp. Indigo Herbs cordyceps CS-4 powder
- 2 tbsp. almond butter (I like to make my own but ran out so used meridian smooth almond butter)
- 4 medjool dates (I love Tesco’s organic medjool dates)
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao nibs (I love RealFoodSource organic cacao nibs)
- Boiled water (about a mug full)
- Put everything into a food processor (I love using the Nutribullet), add the boiled water and blend it all together. Be careful when you open the lid of the nutribullet as it might be a bit steamy.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!