Chocolate orange energy balls – delicious anytime, especially at Christmas!
- 1 cup RealFoodSource organic almonds
- 1 tbsp. Indigo Herbs organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. Indigo Herbs organic maca powder
- 1 cup of RealFoodSource organic medjool dates
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp. Indigo Herbs organic yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp. Indigo Herbs organic raw cacao butter
- Optional RealFoodSource organic dark chia seeds to roll energy balls in
- Put the almonds, cacao and maca powder into a food processor and blitz for about 30 seconds, so that they are crushed into small pieces
- Juice your orange (and more if like me you’ll take any excuse to have a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice to drink!)
- Add the orange juice, yacon syrup and melted cacao butter to the dry mix and blitz it well in the blender till everything sticks together.
- You may need to scrape the mix off the sides a few times, or if the mix is too wet, add some chia seeds to help thicken it up
- Once it’s all well mixed scoop out a tbsp. full and roll in into a ball.
- I then like to roll them in chia seeds too!