Hi, I’m Sam and here are a few more details about my life.
I’m passionate about my plant based vegan lifestyle as well as sport, animals, art and the countryside.
- I live in Camberley and grew up in the Hampshire countryside.
- I love always loved sport and competed at a National level in horse trialling and gymnastics and at International level in Taekwon-Do, winning bronze at the 2006 Junior European Championships.
- In 2008 I went to Aston Uni to study combined honors in Business and Psychology. The Taekwon-Do went on hold and I took up running. Clocking up miles upon miles round the Birmingham canals and a good amount of half marathon race medals with a pb of 1hr 32mins and then doing a full marathon in 3hr 32mins.
- Post uni a two week holiday to a Muay Thai camp in Thailand led to be taking up and competing in mixed martial arts.
- I changed to a plant based lifestyle in April 2014, under the guidance of my amazing wholistic therapist, Sylvia Sobota at Nurture your Body and am very passionate about sharing what I have been taught so that others can benefit in the same way I have. I’m constantly expanding knowledge on nutrition, as now realise there is so much to learn!
- Changing my diet resulting in huge improvements in my sporting performance and achievements. My recovery rate went through the roof enabling me to train harder and improve quicker.
- I returned to Taekwon-Do in 2015, winning multiple National titles along with European silver and a World bronze medals in my sparring divisions.
- I was awarded 2015 Reading Female Sport personality of the year for my achievements.
- Having always run for fitness and since 2014 proudly represented Vegan Runners UK, it then became my focus alongside cycling and swimming as I set myself the new challenge of triathlons.
- My aim when I started doing triathlons in 2017 was to get GB age group qualified and get European and World medals in my new sport too!
- By June 2017, just three months after my first ever triathlon, I had achieved part one of the aim by qualifying to represent GB at the 2017 Rotterdam ITU Sprint Distance Triathlon World Championships.
- After just 6 months of training I then surpassed my goal more by coming 29th in the 25-29 age group at the ITU World Sprint Triathlon Championships in Rotterdam.
- When I’m not out training I’ll be cuddling my two rescue cats, brother and sister, Ralph and Vaneloppe, who I love so much!
I hope you enjoy my blog and I’m an avid social media user, so you can always find out what I’m up. With normally my daily training logs from my Suunto Spartan, race action, food and cat pics going up on instagram: