Hi, I’m Sam and here are a few more details about my life.
I’m passionate about my plant based vegan lifestyle as well as sport, animals, art and the countryside.
- I live in Reading and grew up in the Hampshire countryside.
- I love always loved sport having competed at a Natioanl level in horse trialling and gymnastics and an International level in Taekwon-Do, winning bronze at the 2006 Junior European Championships.
- In 2008 I went to Aston Uni to study combined honors in Business and Psychology. The Taekwon-Do went on hold and I took up running. Clocking up miles upon miles round the Birmingham canals and a good amount of half marathon race medals with a pb of 1hr 32mins and then doing a full marathon in 3hr 32mins.
- Post uni a two week holiday to a Muay Thai camp in Thailand led to be taking up and competing in mixed martial arts.
- I changed to a plant based lifestyle in April 2014, under the guidance of my amazing wholistic therapist, Sylvia Sobota at Nurture your Body and am very passionate about sharing what I have been taught so that others can benefit in the same way I have. I’m constantly expanding knowledge on nutrition, as now realise there is so much to learn!
- Changing my diet resulting in huge improvements in my sporting performance and achievements. My recovery rate went through the roof enabling me to train harder and improve quicker.
- I returned to Taekwon-Do in 2015, winning multiple National titles, European silver and a World bronze medal in my sparring divisions. Also being awarded 2015 Reading Female Sport personality of the year.
- Having always run for fitness and since 2014 proudly represented Vegan Runners UK, it has now become my focus alongside cycling and swimming as I set myself the new challenge of triathlons. With my aim to get GB age group qualified and get European and World medals in my new sport too!
- When I’m not out training I’ll be cuddling my two rescue cats, brother and sister, Ralph and Vaneloppe.
I hope you enjoy my blog and I’m an avid social media user, so you can always find out more here: