Here are a few of the things I often recommend:
- For anyone in need of an amazing wholistic therapist specialising in sport performance enhancement, nutrition, wellbeing and healing checkout Sylvia Sobota at Nurture Your Body. I wouldn’t have achieved what I have without her.
- For amazing quality triathlon equipment go to Zone3, their kit is designed for athletes ensuring you get the best performing product possible. I love my vanquish wetsuit and activate plus zebra fly trisuit.
- For high tech sports watches go to Suunto to get a product that can pretty much cover whatever sport you can think of and has been tested in the world’s harshest conditions. I love my pink Suunto Spartan Sport and turquoise Spartan Trainer.
- For any herbs and superfoods check out Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury for top quality nutrition products. I’m addicted to their delicious organic raw cacao powder.
- For top quality transdermal magnesium to aid optimal muscle contraction, skeletal strength and energy production for sport, check out Better You. I love their magnesium sprays and bath flakes and use them regularly to help my muscles keep going.
- For ensuring you are optimally hydrated check out Nuun. I love their electrolyte tabs, in particular the tri-berry flavour.
- For topping up energy during races check out High5, I love their gels especially the caffeine orange one and always have one taped to my bike on race day.
- For any kinesiology tape needs check out RockTape, designed with athletes in mind. I love using it for helping any bruises I get heal up quicker.
For learning about going on a plant based diet:
- Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin or Skinny Bastard for the men (the name is just for effect so don’t let that put you off as it’s a great easy to read book).
- Rethink food by Shushana Castle and Amy-Lee Goodman.
- Forks over knives DVD, which Roger Ebert from Chicago Sun-Times said is “a film that can save your life.”
- Veganuary campaign with loads of information.
For plant based recipes:
- Deliciously Ella’s blog and cook book by Ella Woodward.
- Oh she glows cook book by Angela Liddon
- Peace and Parsnips cook book by Lee Watson
- Thug kitchen cook book by Thug Kitchen.